Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Disney Half Marathon




The races went great! The half marathon was an easy course, much flatter than what I am used to, and a heck of a lot warmer! Getting up at 3:30 am to catch a bus was not the highlight, but it was easier than I expected. When the bus dropped you off, you had to walk a good distance to the race area. Waiting around went much faster than I expected, between meeting with my team, potty lines, and then the walk to the start. Running through the Magic Kingdom was fun, but it was only 5-10 minutes of a 2 hour race, a little less Disney than I expected. By the time I finished (2:08- top 15% of my age group) I had decided to run the marathon the next day- it was just convincing my husband that I should do it against my OB's advice. I got back to the Wilderness Lodge just as the kids and Rich were having pancakes. I thought I would dislike the 6 am start, but having run and being back to the hotel by 9:15 was nice.

No comments: